Ghost or Go-Back

acsmanhtml12 20:45 30 Oct 2006

Will either of these work with AVG Avti Virus Free and Zone Alarm Firewall? Which one of the two (Ghost or Go-Back) should I be using?

jimv7 20:49 30 Oct 2006

Ghost is my choice.

Jake_027 20:51 30 Oct 2006

I have both on mine and while I haven't got Zonealarm or AVG they don't cause problems with other programs like Ad-Aware and Spybot. However, when I installed goback it led windows to freeze on shutdown so i had to turn my computer off at the tower, and it also made boot times longer and stops system restore working. This can be a problem for programs such as Windows Defender and Registry mechanic which use System restore as a backup. However, ghost is good so I'd recommend that, but System restore does the job fine and is easier to use. I don't think goback backs up data either, but i'm not sure. I'd say ignore goback and use ghost, I presume you run XPSP2 like me?

Jake

acsmanhtml12 20:56 30 Oct 2006

OK, I only have one HDD so will Ghost work?

g0nvs 21:03 30 Oct 2006

Yes it will.

acein1 21:48 30 Oct 2006

acsmanhtml12
(i only have one h/d will ghost work)
question. to do what.
ghost is a "backup" program "only", example backup 1 drive to another, thats all it dose.
goback and system restore are more or less the same program,if you have winxp you have system restore and you dont need goback

do not compare goback waith ghost, they are totally differant programs. with totally differant uses

Ikelos 22:01 30 Oct 2006

you are so right, the two progs have nothing to do with each other....

sunny staines 08:15 31 Oct 2006

go for ghost

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?