getting rid of a theme

Magik™ 09:54 26 Jan 2003

hi. I downloaded a desktop theme from the BBC site, It said at the time that some files were missing, but i still installed it :-(. anyway, it made a pigs ear of the PC..the thing is, how do you get rid of it, it is not in add/remove, and there is no delete in control panel "display" i have win98se.. i have got rid of the wallpaper bit of it, but all the icons are from the theme.

thanks

Pauper 10:20 26 Jan 2003

If the option for themes has not been loaded during the 98 installation then you are probably missing the vital 'themes' icon in the control panel, I don't have 98 in front of me so guessing here but - go to add/remove programs and check on windows components, if the themes option is there then you should be able to load it from the cd. This should place the icon in the control panel from where you can either specify another theme or revert to the windows default scheme.

BRYNIT 10:36 26 Jan 2003

Right click on wallpaper background to bring up properties go into effects click on each icon in list at top. click on default this should change them back.

Magik™ 10:51 26 Jan 2003

thank you both for that....i went down the properties road and effects..thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone