Getting Rid of Acronis

sil_ver 21:51 19 Oct 2007

I had Acronis installed but the drive the hidden Acronis partition was on was removed as I no longer needed it. Now whenever I boot up it says something to the effect that Acronis loader couldn't be found and to press 'return' to try and boot the system which it does no problem. Thing is I can't find where the Acronis command is on the system so that I can get rid. I've removed everything related to Acronis from the registry and checked the Boot.ini file but it's just a standard boot file. I can only assume I'm looking in the wrong place. Would appreciate any advice

woodchip 22:38 19 Oct 2007

If you are XP it could be a Problem, as its written where you cannot get to without a boot edit program. is written to the first sector of the drive where the partition info is. If you had Acornis DiscDirector Suit that as an Editor. It would also probably show as a Partition that you could delete

could it be a fix mbr
click here
click here

woodchip 22:51 19 Oct 2007

Yes that should sort it if you have a XP cd. With 98se it's a easy job to do

woodchip 22:58 19 Oct 2007

Right click on My Computer\Properties to see if your File System is Fat32 or NTFS

sil_ver 23:48 19 Oct 2007

Well that's given me summat to chew on, tks fellas.

File system is NTFS. I might just try 'FixMBR' but not yet, just in case it throws a wobbly. I've got much needs making safe first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?