Getting Music From J Drive into iTunes

Bingalau 16:06 21 Feb 2008

One of my friends has just lent me one of these little gadgets which he tells me contains all the Frank Sinatra music I could ever want. How can I get this music in to iTunes? I have put it in the USB Drive which seems to be "J" Drive. The machine tells me it has recognised new hardware etc. But now I can't figure out how to move the music over. Thanks in advance, but can you keep it simple please?

john bunyan 16:25 21 Feb 2008

1. Go to "My computor". 2. Click on J Drive. 3. Open the files there. Highlight the files (tunes) you want. Then press edit, copy - enter. Then create a folder in "My Music" - call it someting e,g Old Groaner. Then paste the files into this folder. Open i Tunes. Go to the music library. Then Press "file" then "import" then find your "old groaner" folder and import the tunes.Hope it works! Hope you have "Life on the Ocean Wave" etc on your iPod!!

Bingalau 16:54 21 Feb 2008

john bunyan. Thanks a bundle and of course I have that tune and stand to attention every time I play it. I will now follow your instructions and see how they work out.. Thanks again.

Bingalau 17:18 21 Feb 2008

john bunyan. I've followed your instructions as far as I can, which happens to be "not very far", because after going to My Computer and clicking on J Drive there does not appear to be any files there. Maybe that is the reason I have been unable to import them myself. I'm beginning to think there's nothing on the USB Disk that he has lent me. All I have showing in the USB Disk window is a big blank screen.

Bingalau 18:41 21 Feb 2008

I've just decided that this USB device must be empty, but one of my sons who lives about a mile away is coming over tonight to watch the football on TV. So he can take it to his house and try it on his computer. By the way I don't own an iPod as when they came out they were too expensive. I've done without one this long I no longer fancy one.. So I got myself a Sat-Nav for Christmas instead. With that I may find a shorter route to one of my favourite places in July. I have a ten disk CD player in the car which is plenty for most trips.

john bunyan 22:25 21 Feb 2008

Bingalau. I just got a sat-nav too but still prefer maps! Good luck with iTunes- I dont have an iPod either but my grandchildren use my computer as a "host" for theirs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017