Getting more REN

Yimbo 16:21 01 Apr 2008

I just bought a new phone to have beside computer - but I can't use computer if this phone is plugged in - it has it's own socket I have two other phones and the system works OK. I suspect the new phone has pushed my REN limit too far. Is there any way of increasing available REN?

anskyber 16:26 01 Apr 2008

Or, could it be you need to ADSL filter it first like your internet access?

BT 16:37 01 Apr 2008

If you use DECT phones you can have as many phones as the DECT system that you buy will allow to be registered - typically 5. As only one telephone connection is plugged in only one REN will be used.

Technotiger 17:01 01 Apr 2008

I have four telephones and my ADSL all from one BT socket, with no problems at all. Of course I do have ADSL Splitters/Filters on each phone.

spuds 17:29 01 Apr 2008

Having just had a few sessions over the past few days with my telephone and Internet Service Provider (one of the same), the last session being an hour ago. Then watch out about 'Getting more REN'. If you have any problems, then the first thing they will be concerned about, is whether you have overloaded the system, or whether you have working filters or whether your house wiring is faulty.

The whether can get very depressing and frustrating :O(

Yimbo 20:31 01 Apr 2008

I've read what you have said, and fitted a filter to the socket with phone into this - - works OK!!
This Helproom is fantastic!! Thanks!

Technotiger 20:35 01 Apr 2008

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

Technotiger 20:37 01 Apr 2008

BTW - don't forget to Green tick this thread Resolved. See the tick-box at the bottom of your thread, and click on Resolved.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone