GETTING MESSAGES FROM KASPERSKY HAPPENED TODAY AND ADS GETTING THROUGH WITH GOOGLE

SANAP 15:14 02 Apr 2015

This has me foxed, as of about an hour ago I keep getting messages from my anti virus ie kaspersky allong the lines web page blocked google chrome etc but when I visit a page, even PC advisor and click on an item I get sent to a different page usually selling something. I have adblock plus installed etc.

NB Prior to this happening I got a warning message from kaspersky saying a malicious item was found close all pacakges, then click clean and pc will do an auto restart. I did this and bang all this stuff keeps popping up if I use google. I was on you tube last night looking at golf videos but not much else.

Its a right pain.

help

Daisy_Michael 15:20 02 Apr 2015

Try downloading the free version of SUPER ANTISPYWARE from their official website click here and I hope it would sort out the issues (install and complete scan one).

Kaspersky is the best ANTIVIRUS but sometimes ADWARES creates a bit of excessive mess.

wee eddie 15:23 02 Apr 2015

Malwarebytes may do the trick

wee eddie 15:23 02 Apr 2015

Malwarebytes may do the trick

john bunyan 16:11 02 Apr 2015

Download and run ADWCleaner. It usually sorts out hijacking of toolbars etc. Accept defaults. Takes a while to scan and requires a restart after.

ADW Bleeping computer.

SANAP 17:59 02 Apr 2015

thanks all, I used malaware bytes and it found a lot of PUP's so these have been quarantined. I then checked chrome again and went to update function, that failed so I then checked extensions and voila I had 3 rogue extensions. Deleted these and all back to normal for now. I have no idea how those extensions got added. I have downloaded the other packages as well.

and thanks for quick replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?