Since getting IE7

desi3026 15:57 02 Nov 2006

Hi,
I downloaded and installed IE7 yesterday,and since then,I frequently get the message that I need to connect to the internet to view this file,when I am already connected.This also happens when I click send on OE,it has to reconnect even though the two monitors thingy shows I am already connected.This problem is not present on Firefox.Does anyone know if there is a tweak or something to cure this onIE7?
Regards desi3026

anskyber 16:10 02 Nov 2006

Do you have any plug ins like google toolbar and which e-mail client do you have, is it Hotmail?

Rossi#1 16:22 02 Nov 2006

I installed it last night then lost connection and the Security Centre said I had no firewall though zonelabs said it working fine.
I did a system restore then undid the restore.For some reason its all working fine at the moment.

desi3026 16:34 02 Nov 2006

I have Google toolbar,no plug-ins and am on Outlook Express.

anskyber 16:38 02 Nov 2006

Try temporarily disabling the Google toolbar and try again.
To disable a toolbar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

In Windows, click the Start button.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Once you determine the toolbar causing the issue, you should uninstall the toolbar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the toolbar’s website for an updated version.

desi3026 16:43 02 Nov 2006

Ok,thanks folks,will disable Google toolbar and see what happens.If it doesnt "reconnect" in the next few hours,will consider it cured.Will post back later to tell you if it worked.

cjc42 17:08 02 Nov 2006

I've been getting the same thing sporadically on Firefox for about a month now. I haven't noticed it on IE6, maybe because I don't use it as much, or Outlook (not OE).
I don't have the Google toolbar or any plug-ins.

I find that clicking on one of my Favourites and then back to the required site generally clears the fault.

I've downloaded IE7 so will probably use that heavily for while so will be able to compare results.

CJC

desi3026 17:09 02 Nov 2006

I downloaded the latest google toolbar for IE7 and the fault seems to have gone.Thanks for that tip anskyber.
Thanks rossi
,I also have Zone Labs so I'll be keeping an eye on that as well
Regards to all desi3026

desi3026 17:12 02 Nov 2006

Yes I found that by clicking favourites and then back to site worked as well,but with this new Google toolbar for IE7 hopefully is cured.Google also do a new toolbar for Firefox2 which I will deal with now.
Thanks for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?