Getting Hit By E-Mail virus

prince midas 12:38 11 Oct 2006

I was plagued about a year ago using Virgin Net with up to 5 E_mails a day containing attachment viruses totalling 150 roughly a month when I returned from my holidays.

Yes my Virus program was stopping them but I still had to tell it to delete them.

Virgin suggested I changed my E_Mail name which I did along with my ISP which is now Tiscali.

After 12 months the Virus containing E-Mail attachments have returned & I am getting about 2 a day.Okay I can stop & delete but apart from changing my E-mail address is there another answer.

vinnyT 13:10 11 Oct 2006

You could use a prog like mailwasher or poptray (click here) to delete mail from the server without downloading to your pc.

I use poptray to delete any spam or mail i don't want to dload.

This would only work if you know which emails contain the virus attachment. You can view the mail within poptray (still on the server) to help you decide.

Hope this helps.

prince midas 13:57 11 Oct 2006

Thanks VinnyT but I am already using Mailwasher but it is still a pain to have to remove 150 E_mails which I do not want after being away for a month even though Mailwasher catches them at the server. I was hoping rather than starting with a new mail addres if there was another way of getting rid of spammers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?