Getting Epson DX3800 software for scanner

blackspikycat 11:10 23 May 2010

hello,
I've been having problems with my printer since my computer decided he was windows7 now. He did some updates and now my vista thinks he is windows7 and now I can only get the printer working by the software on Epson's website for windows 7. The problem is that the only part that doesn't work is the scanner. In terms of hardware it is working fine because it can photocopy but I can't get the software to just scan images to the computer. The help center on Epson told me to install the epson scan driver for windows vista but after I finish installing it the computer says it's ready to work but when I click to iniciate the program it says to reinstall (which I already did and doesn't work) because there are files missing.
Can anybody please help me??...
Thank you:)

T I M B O 16:49 07 Jun 2010

I just checked on the Epson web site. There are no drivers at this moment to support Win 7. What you might wish to try is is to download drivers for vista and try right clicking & installing in Compatibility mode.

Best of luck !!

northumbria61 17:31 07 Jun 2010

You could try the "built in" Windows Fax & Scan - there's no reason why that shouldn't work.

kdt 09:54 08 Jun 2010

epson site should recognise your o/s just checked mine with your printer(mine is dx4050):
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017