Getting a Blue Screen Of Death error IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

erkmatrix 11:31 04 May 2015

Hi I've recently started getting a blue screen of death error saying

IRQLNotLessOrEqual

Stop 0x00000000A (0xFFFFFFFF1AB2DCB6 0x0000000000000002 etc

I really don't know what the best steps of action are, some youtube video suggested something called totalsystemcare software but loads of customer reviews say it now bloats your PC with loads of malware crap and cleans out things you need.

Can anyone help me with what is recommended to do. My PC is around 5 years old but power supply and memory are only a year old.

Cheers

rdave13 12:40 04 May 2015

What security software are you running? sometimes a bad install of Avast can do this.

erkmatrix 13:17 04 May 2015

Hi I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security which was installed January though and only got this issue in the last 3 weeks. I thought is was either Colorvision spyder2 express calbration tool that windows said might not be compatible with windows 7 64bit but installed ok and seemed to work, this was installed around 4 weeks ago. I got rid of it last week though in hope it was that but it still crashes, no weather its left something behind I don't know.

Also seems to crash when I have music on, so don't know if its a soundcard issue.

all my sound drivers are upto date though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 04 May 2015

BluescreenView frre from Nirsoft will give details of exactly what is causing the problem.

if you download and install and post the results after your next BSOD

Secret-Squirrel 08:32 05 May 2015

erkmatrix, the IRQLNotLessOrEqual BSoD is sometimes relatively easy to diagnose and fix.

BlueScreen should list all previous BSoDs so look down the "Bug Check string" column in the top pane. Are they all the same? If they are then check the "Caused by driver" column. If the files shown are all the same too then post the name of the culprit.

If all the BSoD results are different then take a legible screenshot of BlueScreenView, upload it to a picture-sharing website and post the link here.

Secret-Squirrel 08:33 05 May 2015

erkmatrix, the IRQLNotLessOrEqual BSoD is sometimes relatively easy to diagnose and fix.

BlueScreenView should list all previous BSoDs so look down the "Bug Check string" column in the top pane. Are they all the same? If they are then check the "Caused by driver" column. If the files shown are all the same too then post the name of the culprit.

If all the BSoD results are different then take a legible screenshot of BlueScreenView, upload it to a picture-sharing website and post the link here.

erkmatrix 08:55 05 May 2015

Thanks guys I'll set up the bluescreenview and wait for it to do it again, Its one of the annoyances of BSoDs is you never know when he'll strike so you have to save stuff constantly. I'll get back to you with my results the next time it occurs.

Cheers, really appreciate the help

erkmatrix 09:12 05 May 2015

Hi I'm back cause I didn't realize the bluescreenview actually tells me of the old crashes as soon as you open it.

So going from what it says, only lists 2 crashes even though there has been crashes before but these where more freezes so maybe that was something else.

heres a screen shot click here address and caused by address is ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

says caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

crash

Secret-Squirrel 15:52 05 May 2015

Thanks for that but on this occasion it's not possible to make a definite diagnosis. Because you're getting more freezes than blue screens then it could be lots of things.

The first thing to test is your hard drive and then your RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?