GetProcessImage??

User-42BE0B3A-FC75-4118-BB8E1390237F847E 11:40 10 Nov 2006

I recently updated IE6 to IE7 as MS suggested. Since then, when I switch on, I get the following message "The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL".
When I click OK it disappears and my PC works normally - both programs and browsers (both Firefox and IE). What is happening and can I prevent the message appearing at Start Up?

anskyber 11:48 10 Nov 2006

BT and some NTL broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT (or NTL) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe.)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

anskyber
Thanks for rapid reply.
I use ntl not BT, so i looked in ntl/smartbridge and found it.I renamed as you suggesteed and the problem seems to have gone.
Thanks

birdface 12:19 10 Nov 2006

It means you cant use broadband medic now, Dont try to download it again till NTL come up with their Fix.

anskyber 12:20 10 Nov 2006

The option fredflinstone chose was not to uninstall so it will still work. He renamed the file .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires