Get Vista Cheaper

The Rhino 21:26 01 Feb 2007

Anyone know if this is legit

I have an ex work colleague who know lives in Canada If he buys a copy of Vista in Canada at the prices over there approx half UK pricesand ships it to me will i have any issues

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:31 01 Feb 2007

It will be a US version the only problem may be setting the keyboard, The hash and @ and " signs will be in the wrong place.

keith-236785 21:32 01 Feb 2007

by the time you have paid the initial cost, and then the shipping costs, and then the UK duty which should be paid on such an item i doubt it would be any cheaper AND i still doubt if it would be legal to use it in this country,

i have considered this option from an american friend, the shipping costs were cheap enough, but there is still the doubt over the legallity.

i cant answer your question, maybe bills boys could answer it for you.

or maybe posting this in the !windows vista" section might get you some more informed views.

good luck

Rtus 21:37 01 Feb 2007

you may not be able to activate it properly ,nor because its not our region get support you may need.

Diversion 00:14 02 Feb 2007

Check this out click here

Stuartli 01:21 02 Feb 2007

I still haven't found any compelling urge to upgrade from XP Pro - what's more an SP3 update to XP is due in 2008 (apart from the regular monthly versions).

I've found XP to be the most stable and reliable operating system released by Microsoft since the late 1980s-early 1990s.

Diversion 19:12 02 Feb 2007

Stuartli
I agree XP is very stable and is getting more stable with each update, and why swap stability like you've got with XP for something that is going to be a test bed for a few years to come yet.

Graham. 19:21 02 Feb 2007

Interesting link. How is it so much less than we've been told?

Kate B 19:28 02 Feb 2007

There are no issues with installing software, including Vista, that you buy in Canada or the US. It's not illegal - why would it be? - and I can't see any reason why you can't activate it here. You can set the keyboard and regional settings once it's installed.

Diversion 19:34 02 Feb 2007

Graham
Because the company buys in bulk and so passes the savings onto the customer.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:50 02 Feb 2007

"Because the company buys in bulk and so passes the savings onto the customer."

It is also because they are only selling you the 32 bit disk. The full retail package would also include the 64 bit disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?