get printer networked??

jonostar 15:21 12 Jan 2007

ok.... here goes.. i admit defeat

pc 1 connected wireless to internet
pc 1 connected via usb to hpD7160 printer

pc2 connected ethernet to internet

lap top wireless internet

have managed to network these for file sharing but dont know how to get them all to use the printer.... plz help?

thanks craig

corc2 16:11 12 Jan 2007

Hi there. Try this link.
click here
I seem to remember when I did it, I had to install printer software on my wifes computer too.
Hope this gets you started.

seanquinn 17:58 12 Jan 2007

I've been down this road a few times, so here goes:
(1)Install the printer software that you got with your printer on each computer in the network.
(2)Set any software firewalls off for the moment.
(3)Go throuigh the Windows Wizard fro setting up a Home Network (MSHOME) on each computer. Check enable "File and Printer sharing".
(4) Go through the Wireless Network setup Wizard on those computers using wireless.
(5)On each computer go to "My Network Places" and click on the side menu item "View Workgroup Computers".
(6)You should be able to see each computer in the network. On any other computer, click to open the computer that has the printer attached and you should see the printer.
(7) To print a document from one of the other computers, make sure you select the correct printer in the Print Dialogue Box.

(8)If any problems, re-start all computers on the network and see if that helps.
(When you have communication with the printer from all PCs ad Laptops, set all Software Firewalls on again and check that you still have printer access on all computers. Windows Firewall has an "Exceptions" tab and it should include file and printer sharing on all PCs)
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone