Get a new harddrive but can't format

wheretofly 03:53 20 Jan 2006

I just got a 160GB harddrive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3160023A 160GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive

I installed it into my computer as an extra drive, change the jumper to config. master/slave, plug in cables ect. Everything seems to work well. Then I started my computer and it was fine.

Then I went to "computer management/diskmanagement". Firstly I made primary partition, that went fine. Then I started formatting as NTFS file, when finishing 99%, systems said"format can't complete successfully." Under diskmanagement, the new disk is displayed, with proper volume(149.05GB), layout(partition), type(basic) as the original system drive. However, "File system" doesn't show anything about the new drive, while it shows NTFS for the original drive.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Thanks very very much! I don't want to go through the hassles to return it, since it was bought through university purchase system with my adviser's funding.

wheretofly 06:32 20 Jan 2006

Please please... My current hard drive only has 200MB left and data keep flowing in. I really need new storage space!!

Totally-braindead 11:50 20 Jan 2006

Since its a Seagate drive download Seatools click here it will do all you ask and should tell you if there is a problem.

IPA 11:54 20 Jan 2006

Have a look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?