Get to Google faster. Update your default search engine.? How do i stop this request

mart7 16:27 22 Feb 2014
Answered

As the title says,how do i get rid of this annoying request which has appeared today,google is my default search engine has been for years,if i click "yes sure" it informs me its already the default and if i click "no thanks" ,next time i visit google it still displays the question?

rdave13 16:33 22 Feb 2014

I use https ://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0 as my home page. No auto suggestions and no requests. Only thing is if I want to get to Amazon for example I have to type uk after it.

mart7 16:42 22 Feb 2014

Ive used google for years just simply wondering why this request is coming up,ill try your method thanks

mart7 20:26 22 Feb 2014
Answer

Sorted,didnt notice the request at bottom of page asking me to accept cookie,accepted and back to working ok now

tyronebuchanan 10:25 13 Mar 2014

This can be stopped for Firefox and Chrome by downloading Adblock 1.3.10. and entering "##DIV#mgmhppd" as a new filter rule. Unfortunately, the Adblock version downloaded to IE is not the same. There is no option to enter filter rules. It seems Microsoft is happy to annoy its users by allowing Google to plant rubbish on your screen time after time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?