Get control of logging into LAN

apuli 01:59 27 Jul 2007

I'm running individual PC that connect to LAN host using cable connection. The LAN auto connect once I plug in the cable. Anybody know how I can set time/schedule or get control of logging/connecting into LAN everytime I plug in the cable? Thanks

ambra4 02:12 03 Aug 2007

Do not understand the request about set time/schedule, logging/connecting into LAN????

If you unplug Lan cable connect will drop, and pluging back in cable connect work which is the way it suppose to work.

Need more information on what you want to do as system is working the way it suppose to work

That is like saying battery is connected in car and it started, but if I disconnect the battery it won't start

apuli 04:44 03 Aug 2007

OK. Sorry if I didn't make it clear the question. U are right about plug/unplug the cable will make the LAN connect/drop. This is manual job.

My question is there any way or software that can connect or drop LAN without plug/unplug the cable manually. It is better the way/software come with scheduler. My PC is connect direct to modem/router.

Thanks

ambra4 05:08 03 Aug 2007

Click “Start”, “Settings” Network Connection

Double-click on the “Network Connection

Left-click on the “Local Area Connection” associated with your network adapter

Select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.

In the “Local Area Connection Properties” window

Tick the box “Show Icon in Notification Area When Connected,

An Icon will appear in the task bar

Click OK

Once you can see the double display in the task bar right click and disable network card

To enable go Start-setting-Network Connection-Local Area Connection- Right click-Enable

Simple as that there is no need to disconnect cable

apuli 02:37 20 Aug 2007

Thanks ambra4, I need extra help.....

Is there any software or scheduler that can set timer to automatic connect or drop the LAN connection from my PC that connect to modem/router.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?