Geoforce 7600GS power supply

smrdo 11:59 08 Feb 2007

my geoforce agp 7600gs comes with a y cable for the power supply. A black square connector that plugs in to the card connected to two white molex connectors, do i have to plug in both of the white molex connecters for the card? My psu is an antec 550 watt neo he550.
thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:10 08 Feb 2007

No this just allows ou to share the conection from the PSU if you do not have a spare.

Always better to use a spare if you have one.

Totally-braindead 12:20 08 Feb 2007

Fruit Bat /\0/\s right I have the same card and a Tagan power supply, the only reason for the splitter is for those without a spare connector as he said.
You have a good power supply so will not need it as you will have a spare connector so just use that.

smrdo 12:26 08 Feb 2007

great thanks a lot, so i just connect one molex to the Y cable, plug the "black" end into the Geoforce and leave the the other molex dangling or tucked awway somewhere.

Totally-braindead 12:38 08 Feb 2007

If your graphics card is the same as mine you just connect a free molex from the power supply to the graphics card. You don't need the splitter at all as long as long as there is a connector free.
If there isn't a connector free then the recommendation is to use the splitter on the hard drive power connector.
Thats a good power supply you have there really should be a free unused connector.

Totally-braindead 12:41 08 Feb 2007

Actually rereading what you have have said, is the black connector which goes to the graphics card not the same size as a standard molex connector?
If not then yes you would have to use the lead on a spare power line. And tuck it away as best you can so it doesn't touch anything.

smrdo 12:47 08 Feb 2007

its's not, it looks exactly like the cable here click here

the 2nd picture from the bottom

smrdo 13:03 08 Feb 2007

this is the actuall card
click here

Totally-braindead 13:10 08 Feb 2007

It does look smaller in the picture so just do as you planned and use the adaptor on a free molex.

smrdo 14:14 08 Feb 2007

thanks a lot :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?