GenieSoft Backup

Baslla321 12:02 16 May 2005

Just for your info. I tried the above which came with PCA June edition for four times and each time, after backing up about 600MB of data, a windows comes up headed, 'Coping Status' which says, 'a write error occured,' or 'error trying to write past the user of the media'. I finally uninstalled this software.Dont think much of it.

Brian-336451 12:29 16 May 2005

I looked at that and the website, having tried the free version 4, the version 5 (time limited) on the DVD I decided to upgrade straight to the version 6.

The software is very good, I backed up onto DVD without any problems whatsoever and the file will restore as an exe if I need it to. It can be full or incremental, it remembers the files to backup if you wish. Couldn't be simpler.

Personally I feel it's taken the pain out of backups. If I lose data now it'll be my own fault.

Recommended

Belatucadrus 16:26 16 May 2005

Set mine to run a weekly backup to partition, works OK for me.

Baslla321 11:09 17 May 2005

I tried once more and got Version 5 and it works OK but is a trial for 15days.

Baslla321 11:09 17 May 2005

I tried once more and got Version 5 and it works OK but is a trial for 15days.

Brian-336451 12:36 17 May 2005

Yes the Version 5 - time limited is obviously a Try before You Buy deal, and I wondered whether to go down the discounted upgrade.

Set against that I went for the latest version (definite overkill) thinking that my data is worth far more to me than the cost of this software discounted or not.

Then being happy with the techniques/layout etc of the software I just went for the newest version and am very happy with it.

I think you've only got to lose your data once (twice in my case 'cos I'm not very bright) before you look at these 'solutions' in a different way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?