Generic host win32 service

pj1664 22:02 04 Jul 2007

I recently repaired my win xp installation and ever since then I have been getting this message when win starts up "To protect your computer, windows has closed this program
Name: Generic Host processor for win32 service
Publisher: Microsoft"
I am not able to do any update with microsoft. I dont know if this is linked to my problem above or if its something different. My repair disk has sp2 as standard - If that helps. Appreciate if anyone has a similar problem and would like to share some light on this issue. Thanks.

@k@n!c 22:26 04 Jul 2007

go here click here
and go through the work around to see if that helps kind regards akanic

pj1664 03:56 06 Jul 2007

Thanks akanic, I think it helped but I still cant install any updates from microsoft, it downloads but fail to update. I even turn off my spyware just incase but no different.I left win firewall on as always cos win firewall been on from day one and its always been able to update so no changes on that part. Do I need to download something else from microsoft in order to install update? I have been on microsoft site but can't see what I am looking for, perhaps I am not looking at the right place. Thanks.

@k@n!c 07:49 06 Jul 2007

you could try reinstalling internet explorer or updating to internet explorer 7(manual download)

or try click here
its a windows update repair tool but its a beta release but it has had success kind regards akanic

@k@n!c 07:52 06 Jul 2007

also try this click here
its the manual procedure to repair windows update. kind regards akanic...p.s there may be an easier way but havent had much time to find it :)

pj1664 16:53 06 Jul 2007

Hey akanic, dont worry, you have been a great help. I really appreciate all the help you have given me. I am going to do all the above and hope something would work. I will keep you informed. Once again thanks.

skidzy 17:20 06 Jul 2007

Try a reinstall over the top of sp2 click here

Save to your desktop and disconnect from the internet and install the sp2 file,all being well this should install over the top of your current sp2 install.

Be warned,it is a big download and will need a broadband connection.

Though i would try sfc first.

start/run and type sfc /scannow and enter.

Understanding sfc click here

pj1664 21:35 08 Jul 2007

Hi guys, just to let you know that I have managed to update my pc through microsoft. downloaded the softeare recomended by akanic. it just took about 5 minute and all was well. skidzy, thanks for your input as well, I would have tried what you suggested if this software had not worked. Once again thank you very much to both of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?