a generic host, error message ??

Magik ®© 10:40 19 Jul 2005

hi,I keep getting a message come up..

"generic host process for win32 services..."

and do i want to send it to microsoft.

and the only way out of it is to restart the laptop.anyone any idea what it is..thanks

Major Disaster 11:36 19 Jul 2005

Sorry i cant be much help, but those sort of messages seem to me to be ascioated with viruses, though dont quote me on that! what AV do you have? This theoary is backed up by the fact that you seem to have to restart your pc

Magik ®© 11:45 19 Jul 2005

hi,i have AVG, spybot, spyware blaster, ad-aware, and Zonealarm, which i put in half an hour ago..................thanks

strange you should say about the virus thingy, when it cam up earlier, it also said AVG had found a virus..which i "healed"

one thing after the other on here..

thanks

ventanas 11:55 19 Jul 2005

Could be Zone Alarm click here abd read the responses.

Magik ®© 12:00 19 Jul 2005

hi, thanks for that...what on earth did we all do before we had PC's to take up all our day..

Taff36 12:18 19 Jul 2005

Does this happen on start up? Are you on XP SP2 as well? click here Bugged me for months until MS came up with the fix however the Zone Alarm connection makes more sense if you`ve only just installed it and the Generic Host message wasn`t there before.

woodchip 12:28 19 Jul 2005

Does this relate click here

Or could it be click here
I hope not

bretsky 12:30 19 Jul 2005

Hi folks,

I have Java2 Runtime Environment SE v1.4.2_06 and J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 2 and J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 4 at some 100Mbs+ a piece in the Add/Remove programs listings.

My question is can I loose or get rid of the v1.4.2_06 and update 2 from the Add/Remove programs, and leave the latest one without messing up the PC.

I downloaded the J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 4 yesterday and did it from their website offline, saved it to the desktop and installed it from there.

I have looked in the JNLP settings panel, and under the user tab, all 3 versions are enabled and under the system tab only the latest version is there, enabled.

Is the safe to do??
Windows XP 2002 Home Ed sp1

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 12:32 19 Jul 2005

Soooooo SORRY WRONG thread!!!!
Will post new my apologies again

bretsky ;0)

Magik ®© 12:59 19 Jul 2005

no problem at all......

back to the message...it was doing it before i put zone alarm in, that is why i put it in, not knowing what it was, and clutching straws..

Magik ®© 13:02 19 Jul 2005

hi, your first link is just right, spot on..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?