A general one for you regarding printers

The Dazza 18:53 12 May 2006

A friend is having Intermittent printing problems printing, he's told me that it prints sometimes and othertimes doesn't for no apparant reason.He says he didn't get a disk with the printer with the drivers on and this is were I think the problem lies, no driver/incorrect driver installed could I be right? I don't know the make & model yet.

sean-278262 19:03 12 May 2006

Find the make and model. If they connect with a remote USB hub try using one on the mobo. What OS they using and what make is the PC. If it is a lexmark get them to post the model and we can track some drivers down and they can reinstall them. That is what I had to do to get the thing to print propperly. another thing to check is that the USB cable isnt damaged at all.

The Dazza 19:12 12 May 2006

He says he has bought a new cable-same problem persists. I don't know for sure but I don't think he has a usb hub. From what you're saying it sounds like you agree that it's the drivers.

The Old Mod 19:19 12 May 2006

Hi, if the printer is plugged into the hub, tell him to try it in the pc, some printers don't like hubs.

The Dazza 19:24 12 May 2006

ta mate, i'll open another thread after I have seen him if this doesn't work. Cheers guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)