Geforce4 MX440 3D Acce;eration

RichieT 16:57 13 Sep 2003

I have recently upgraded the driver for the above to enable my computer to play DVDs
Now I find that I have lost 3D acceleration when I test DirectX
I have DirectX 9 loaded and all WinMe Updates
I have read the Release notes for the driver on the NVIDIA Website and enabled AGP4X in the Bios and added a line into the Registry to no avail
The test results are
D3D Test Result: Failure at step 18 (CreateDevice): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
I would like to know if this is a Graphic card failure or have I missed some other step in setup or update?
Thanks for any help folks!!
PS I have Via chips on the motherboard

DieSse 17:20 13 Sep 2003

Have you installed the lates Via 4-in-1 motherboard drivers, as they greatly influence how AGP support works.

RichieT 18:15 13 Sep 2003

Hello DieSse
I have just downloaded the Via Drivers but they did not solve the problem
What's annoying about this is that I have had the 3D working before using a less recent driver but can't find the Archive page on the NVIDIA Website
It's my view that the latest driver is the culprit

rev.bem 19:28 13 Sep 2003

If you are using version 45.23 try 44.03

click here

I downloaded and installed it ealier this year and noticed a marked improvment in performance,i was going to install 45.23 but i'm sure i read a less than favorible posting about it on this forum so i gave it a miss.

RichieT 20:02 13 Sep 2003

Hello rev.bem
I agree When I went to your hyperlink I noticed that the drivers are only WHQL Certified for the FX Range which may be the problem when trying to get DX Diag to work At the moment i can get the screen but as the progress slider moves I lose more and more mouse control suggesting a conflict and I can't get the page to even open I have since found the Archive page and I am systamatically downloading all the drivers and then I will install them one at a time until I can watch DVDs and hopefully get back my 3D Acceleration

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone