Geforce 9800GT Connection

sil_ver 14:42 18 Feb 2009

I've just fitted a GF9800GT Graphics card to my ASUS M2N-SLI Mobo and it works fine. I may never use it but along with the card I received a small lead. One end plugs into the graphics card (Near the HDMI Socket) I presume, the other end has two single connectors one unmarked and the other GND. reading up on it the lead seems to be summat to do with connecting SPDIF to DVI. The mobo does have a 3 pin SPDIF connector labelled 15V, SPDIFOUT and GND similar to the front panel connections. Would I connect the lead to the SPDIFOUT and GND then plug it in to the card? Can I assume the 15v pin is ignored?

sil_ver 14:01 23 Feb 2009

Well it appears my guess was right but for anyone interested it only applies (apparently) to Nvidia based mobos

gazzaho 14:09 23 Feb 2009

I would guess it applies to anyone using an HDMI socket to connect to a television with an HDMI socket, this would be the only way to transfer sound via HDMI. I have a 9800 GX2 installed in my computer and the instructions for it show the lead but with a socket on each end, my motherboard also has a SPDIFOUT but to be honest I don't know if it's connected or not as I haven't looked inside to see, and don't use the HDMI connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone