Gaurantee ; Are they worthless?

Jeffersonrex 10:34 03 Feb 2008

I have purchased a DVD to DVD recorder programme from a USA based company,DVD Energy. The instructions that come with the programme are totally beyond my comprehension. I have no doubt I have loaded some of the programme becuase the icons are present but its over the top of my head !. The Companies ad. came with a gaurantee of money back ,if not satisfied. I ticked the box under "too difficult" and asked to be reimbursed ( three times now ) . Each time my pleas have been ignored and they just keep sending more and more "help" download packages. My question is What more can I do to get a resolution of the gaurantee or can I pressure the companies who transfered the money.

Forum Editor 10:39 03 Feb 2008

with a credit card?

if you did, and the product is in some way faulty you might stand a chance of getting them to intervene, but don't hold your breath - the transaction will be governed by the terms of american consumer legislation.

If you're simply having difficulties with the instructions you are very unlikely to get anywhere with anyone except the company from which you bought the software.

Why don't you tell us what program this is - someone here may well be able to help you through the problems you're having?

Technotiger 10:41 03 Feb 2008

If you are in UK then I doubt very much whether you will get any satisfaction via the so-called guarantee. You may just have to put this one down to 'experience'.

Anyway, plenty of perfectly good Free programs to be had .... click here

Technotiger 10:43 03 Feb 2008

Or ... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?