Gathering program registration keys...

HMG1K 13:37 07 Jan 2010

Hi

Can you recommend a decent program that can crawl through your hard drive gathering the regitration keys to all your various programs, from Adobe to Zone Alarm, please?

I'm set to start the lomg haul task of installing a fresh hard drive, instal Windows 7 - and I want to do this as painlessly as possible!

Thank you

mgmcc 13:42 07 Jan 2010

Belarc Advisor will list the programs installed and their Product Keys click here

HMG1K 14:02 11 Jan 2010

Thanks, mgmcc - I tried this but I couldn't see where it tells you the registration keys for each programe.

:-(

Thanks, mgmcc - I tried this but I couldn't see where it tells you the registration keys for each programe.

mgmcc 14:11 11 Jan 2010

After running Belarc, it opens the results in your web browser with a listing of all hardware and software in the PC. Beside the software entries, it should show their Product Keys.

HMG1K 14:17 11 Jan 2010

Thank you! Will give it another try!

;-)

GaT7 14:38 11 Jan 2010

Unfortunately Belarc Advisor (BA) only lists a handful of licenses under 'Software Licenses' - about mid-way down the page. I don't think it's capable to do it for ALL installed programs.

Here are a several more free 'key finders' to try click here. Perhaps using a combination of them may reveal most/all licenses. Worth a try if you're desperate! G

bjh 14:41 11 Jan 2010

There's a link on the web page Belarc creates when run, somewhere on the left, called "Software registration keys" or something similar. Clicking on that gives a page of all the registration keys it has found.

Sea Urchin 14:46 11 Jan 2010

The link you refer to simply moves you down the page you're already on to the Software Licenses referred to by Crossbow7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?