Gateway mx6215b bios Problem

Scott_the_Scot 13:19 18 Jul 2009

My gateway mx6215b laptop will not boot. It simply hangs on the gateway splash screen. When I press F2 to enter the bios settings it says please wait but nothing happens. I believe the the bios has become corrupt but have been unable to find a bios boot disc. Gateways answer was they do not offer a bios boot disc and it will need to be returned for repair. So I will not be buying from them again. Any help would be very much appreciated.

OTT_Buzzard 13:27 18 Jul 2009

Try removing teh CMOS battery for a couple of minutes then refit it. If that doesn't work it's only a couple of quid to buy a new one. No guarantees that it's the cause of your problem but certainly worth a shot.

Just be aware that if the computer is still under warranty, it may be voided by doing the above.

Scott_the_Scot 14:34 18 Jul 2009

Thanks OTT_Buzzard. I had hoped that it would simply be the CMOS battery that needed replacing unfortunately I can't seem to find one on this laptop. I know a lot of gateway machines have them hidden under the keyboard but I have looked there. I think this may have the battery soldered onto the mother board somewhere. If it replaceable and anyone knows were it is I would be grateful for the info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?