Gateway Laptop Won't Get Past Startup Screen

ClintonPetrie 01:11 15 May 2014

My mother's computer recently had a virus. Every time you try to boot it won't get past the start up screen. The only option on the screen is hit f2. I can't think of a way to reset it to factory settings just so she can use it. Any help would be much appreciated. Also it takes you to InsydeH20 Setup Utility where all of the information on that tab is is grayed out.

onthelimit1 08:12 15 May 2014

If there's no recovery partition, Depending on which version of Windows, I'd guess the only solution is to scrounge an operating system DVD and do a fresh reinstall. With the later ones, you may be able to do a repair install. You will need to be able to read the Certificate of Authenticity sticker to activate it.

onthelimit1 08:13 15 May 2014

If there's no recovery partition, Depending on which version of Windows, I'd guess the only solution is to scrounge an operating system DVD and do a fresh reinstall. With the later ones, you may be able to do a repair install. You will need to be able to read the Certificate of Authenticity sticker to activate it. However, there are some options to try here.

onthelimit1 08:14 15 May 2014

Sorry for almost duplicate post!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 15 May 2014

What op system?

Can you tap F8 as it starts and get to advance tools menu?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?