Gas strut on computer/office chair - fix

jack 09:54 12 Jun 2010

The Gas strut on my chair has gone - again - after about 3 years.[I really must lose some weight]

One of you were sure enough to indicate the firm the carried out the replacement located in Belvedere- Erith Kent.
I have no recollection of reference as who this firm is.
I seem to recall it was located in one the road that lead down to the Thames- Crabtree Manorway or Church Manorway or similar
Any thoughts guys and gal's?
Otherwise I shall jump in the car and cruise the are till I find it again - if it still exists.
It seemed to be on its beam end when last I went.

AlanHo 10:40 12 Jun 2010

Just did a Google and came up with

click here

jack 11:16 12 Jun 2010

H\ave got that one also this
click here

So many of these firm have elaborate sites but do not give a premises location.
The one I am trying to trace had an elaborate site- but the premises tuned out to be a dump of a place on an industrial site-but they did the job - and that's what counts

I am Spartacus 13:52 12 Jun 2010

I used a couple of hose clamps on mine. Still working OK after a couple of years.

jack 17:31 12 Jun 2010

I may well resort to that if all else fails.

On the Previous occasion I gaffer taped some timber cut to size- Worked OK providing I did not swivel the chair so that the timber came between the gaps in the legs- when that happened - down I went.

jack 15:18 13 Jun 2010

Just done the same- A cost free[ old clip form the bitz box] solution if it lasts

wrapped a piece of gaffer tape around the column tp offer some grip then the clip.

20 minutes on - still holding
Here hoping.

Burrieza 11:51 30 Oct 2010

Hi there: I searched the entire net for a padded Charles Eames chair in black and could only find unaffordable offers. Most of them want to rip you off. Now I found that Staples sells the high back under the name Quinto and the low back version under the name Amalfi . Go figure, but these are perfect reproductions and I was happy to finally find the Eames office chair at an affordable price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?