Garmin Nuvi 770 Sat Nav - HELP pls!

latenightowl 11:32 11 Jan 2009

Hi, Ive taken over my dearly departed husband's sat nav (he died last year). It is now asking that I update it - HELP! I thought I had bought him one that would have free updates for life but when I went onto the website it asks for payment or a download coupon. Where would I find the download coupon? is it not enough to just put in the serial number....I tried but nothing...

Does anyone know if I am supposed to pay for the downloads? I purchased it in DEC 07 and at the time it was the top of the range with European/USA maps and safety camera info (which all still work)... Any advice or pointer to the right direction would be gratefully received.
ta
Tina

brundle 12:00 11 Jan 2009

"Question: Do the Nuvi/Zumo products come preloaded mapping software or will I need to purchase the mapping software additionally?

Answer:
It is our policy to ensure that all Nuvi/Zumo products leaving our manufacturing facilities come with the latest mapping software. In some cases in order to receive this up to date mapping software you may need to register your device in order to receive this information free of charge. Should a unit be sold void of mapping software, it will up to the reseller of that product to offer recourse. Garmin is in no way liable for the policies of resellers that are not authorized dealers.
"

brundle 12:00 11 Jan 2009

Contact Garmin; click here

latenightowl 13:20 11 Jan 2009

Thanks Brundle, I know my man uploaded all the maps when he first got it so it was all up to date last Christmas (Dec 07) but not sure what to do with further updates. I will take a look at the Garmin link that you gave me.
cheers for the speedy response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?