Gaming problem

staples printer cartridge 12:58 26 Jan 2005

Not sure if I should use this for a gaming qustion, but here goes.

Tried to install Black & White on XP, it installs fine, but won't run. When I double click on the icon, the disc spins a screen saying Black & Whote appears, then it disappears and nothing else happens. It doesn't crash, it just behaves like it never happened. I have tried patching it, no avail; I tried emailing tech support, no response; I phoned tech support, they were rubbish. Said try the patch or use compatability mode, whatever that is. They were 'concerned' that as it was an old game I was trying it on XP! Any ideas?

ACOLYTE 13:02 26 Jan 2005

I used to have this game on xp sp2 and it played ok never any errors,have you tried a reinstall.
I dont think i installed a patch but i cant remember was some time ago.To be honest it got boring,lol i couldnt be bothered to train my monster it kept eating people lol.But its a fun game to play on a Lan.I assume its an original game not a copy?.

staples printer cartridge 13:06 26 Jan 2005

You wouldn't believe how many times I have reinstalled! Haven't put sp2 on yet though, wasn't sure if it was worth it. And yeah, it is original.

2neat 13:09 26 Jan 2005

never heard of it. Try Halo, the best game ever me thinks.

ACOLYTE 13:14 26 Jan 2005

Have you tired starting the game from the start programs group not the short cut,also try cleaning the cd may have a bit off dirt on it,you could also try starting making a new short cut by right clicking the games .exe file and sending to desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie