Gaming PC Build Help (Beginner)

Lennonnn 20:45 18 Feb 2014

I am looking for a pc that will cost around £400, that I can build myself or have built for me. It must be able to run games such as Minecraft, Gmod, Battlefield at 60+ fps. Can someone help me with a build? Thank you.ga

mart7 17:36 19 Feb 2014

I doubt £400 is enough to get a fast enough pc to run at 60 fps on BF4

nickf 17:49 21 Feb 2014

Absolutely no chance for that kind of money sadly . You really need to think about doubling your budget to get anywhere near your target performance .

Lennonnn 18:21 04 Mar 2014

No offence to either of you, but it is possible to get a build that can run games how I've asked for them to be run. I've seen builds before that can do this no problem from the likes of Austin Evans, but I was hoping to find a more up to date build. Oh, and this is without the Windows 7 OS.

Lennonnn 18:21 04 Mar 2014

No offence to either of you, but it is possible to get a build that can run games how I've asked for them to be run. I've seen builds before that can do this no problem from the likes of Austin Evans, but I was hoping to find a more up to date build. Oh, and this is without the Windows 7 OS.

nickf 19:08 04 Mar 2014

As I said in my previous post , and MechKB had reiterated, £400 is NOT going to get you a PC with the performance you want . You are going to need a case , a cpu , a MoBo , a heatsink , a psu , Ram , and a gpu , just to get started . You look at any custom pc builders web site and you will see that even basic gaming PC's are £600 upwards .

mart7 21:28 04 Mar 2014

Have a look at austin Evans mini itx budget games machine on you tube

Lennonnn 19:58 07 Mar 2014

click here is a $600 build, which is slightly less than £400. The price does not include the OS. At the beginning of the video he shows some gameplay. If they run like that I'll be happy.

I'm hesitant to build one of his because, as I previously mentioned, there are probably more up to date build for the same price.

This

BRYNIT 20:35 07 Mar 2014

As others have stated £400 will not be enough.

Just to see what it would cost in £ I've prices up the items from the link you supplied using Ebay the only item I substituted was the case. The total comes to about £469 this does not include an OS. Windows 7 pro will set you back another £80+

mart7 12:42 08 Mar 2014

MechKB out of curiousity look at the Austin evans video on you tube its a mini itx gaming machine,the components are solid enough and the price is cheap,not advocating its good enough,in my opinion its not and i certainly couldnt find all that for £400 about £480 i found it to be not including the OS as BRYNIT says

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?