Gaming PC with 47" LC LCD TV?

DavidRaw 19:56 06 May 2014
Answered

Hi.

I was hoping to use a 47 inch LCD TV as a monitor for my gaming PC I am building myself. However, I do not know if it will work.

So the question is: Will it?

Thanks in advance

PC SPECS: Corsair Carbide 500R microATX Midi PC Tower, Seasonic S12II-620 620W, Asus DVD-RW Drive, Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB 3.5 inch Hard Drive, ASUS H87-PLUS ATX Intel H87 Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670 Quad Core (3.4GHz), EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual SC w/ EVGA ACX Cooler, G Skill 2x 4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz

BRYNIT 20:32 06 May 2014

Don't know, can't tell. Not enough information to give an answer.

Ian in Northampton 20:50 06 May 2014
Answer

In theory, there's no reason why not. It is, after all, just a TV, albeit a large one. The big issue is likely to be the response time of the TV if you're a serious gamer - there are huge differences (~5msec - 200+msec) between TVs that can cause unacceptable lag. That's nothing to do with screen size, though. Your 770 should have no trouble driving it at maximum resolution: it's not screen size that's important, it's the number of pixels, and that doesn't vary from a full HD 32" TV to a full HD 60" TV. Connecting it is unlikely to be an issue: I assume both the card and the TV support HDMI. The only thing to watch out for is how close you are to the TV: with a 47" screen, unless you sit a reasonable distance back, the pixels will be plainly visible and will spoil your enjoyment.

I may not have answered your question. Why do you think it might not work?

DavidRaw 21:55 06 May 2014

I just wasn't sure that was all; I would rather spend the money on the PC rather than the monitor (and get a monitor later)

Thanks for the replys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?