Games not launching and PC stutter.

Tankz090 22:12 25 Jul 2014

Hi i am having problems with my PC some of the games i have will launch and others will not. A few examples are Dead space 1 and 2, Killing Floor, TF2, Ascend Hand of kul and dead island.

I thought it might be an issue with the source engine at first but then dead island and dead space wont work either yet they all show as processes in the Task manager and steam says they are already running. I have tried many fixes for past few months none have helped.

I tried re installing all of them wiping my temp files new monitor because old one had issues with resolution swapping so thought that might be the cause and others that i cant remember now.

I also have another issue with the games that work after about an hour to 2 hours of the PC being on it starts to stutter the frame rate just dies for a second or two and it gets gradually worse over time only a PC restart solves it. I'm no expert on PC's but i think the fact it has only one stick of ram may be the issue here.

This is my cousins PC been trying to help him with it since Christmas any help would be appreciated.

PC specs are. OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit CPU: Intel i5 3570K Quad core 3.4 GHZ GPU: GeForce GTX 650 ti 4043 MB RAM: 8192 MB (single stick)

rdave13 22:58 25 Jul 2014

It could be ram problems. Try physically removing the ram module then re-seating it and also making sure the insides of the PC is as dust free as possible. If still the same (some CPU's will throttle in if temps go high) run the memory diagnostic tool. Link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?