Games installing problem.

edelinski-199425 17:40 25 Jan 2007

Hi I have problem with installing some games.

When I insert CD in to the drive I get message " EPSON Scan cannot be started. Please use the Troubleshooting Assistant? Yes or NO. "

Or sometimes start my control panel for Scan on my printer.

I have original disk of game and only couple games give me this problem. But one of my friends give me to try same game but riped and I extract that game and no problem.
I also try to reinstall my windows and no problem before I install my printer all in one Epson Stylus RX420, after installing printer problem start.

I using Windows XP on P4.

I really don't know what could be problem.

Diversion 18:23 25 Jan 2007

I get this problem installing Tiger Woods. I had to uninstall the scan part of the Epson range of items that are installed as part of the installation of my Epson CX6600. Then install Tiger Woods and just re-install my scanner.

Totally-braindead 18:31 25 Jan 2007

If it is a problem with the Epson scan software and I've got to be honest here, I play a lot of games and have the scan software on my PC and it has never done this. Have you looked for updated Epson software to see if this solves this issue?
Somewhere to start.
Mines an Epson DX3800 by the way using the latest Epson software.

edelinski-199425 20:17 27 Jan 2007

I was already try to update driver and also try to resolve problem with Epson support online but no luck, I try remove Epson scan and then no problem but when I again instal that part problem is back when try to start game epson scan control panel start instead of game.

Diversion 22:24 27 Jan 2007

Your best getting in touch with Epson and also the people who produced the game, explaining the conflict.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?