Games crash after so long

the technician 20:16 12 Mar 2003

Please help someone.I have recently purchased a leadtek geforce 4 ti4200 and when i start games up they crash after about 2-5 mins play.I have tried directx 8.1 and 9,used both drivers with the card and the latest from nvidias site,checked nothing is overheating and my power supply is 350w.I have a ecs k7s5a mobo and athlon 1800 with 512 133sdram and 80 gig maxtor 7200.I have completely ran out of ideas,can anybody help,anything would be greatly appreciated

skell 20:53 12 Mar 2003

Im no expert on computers and have had the same problem as you. I can only suggest that you check to see if your motherboard supports your new graphics card. ie it complies with your AGP specifications 4X, 2X AGP modes. Or try checking your directx settings to see if that is working ok. I have had to go back to my old graphics card (geforce2 mx400)to be able to play games. If i come across any other info I'l let you know.
Hope it helps

S.

woodchip 21:10 12 Mar 2003

If you are Win98 I suggest you install the resource meter in ADD/Remove /Windows Setup tab Tools and check what is going on you may be running low on resources

steve0 22:39 12 Mar 2003

Try it in another machine if possible. I recently had to send a Geforce mx 440 card back as there was a fault on it - when running games - replacement was fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?