Game screens problem

zigzagtoes 07:52 12 Feb 2007

Heres one thats bothered me for weeks, and seeing as i'm here, i'll try the pleading for help for the second time today.

On loading many games that open their own screen, near enough to instantly the screen reverts back to windows, minimising the game screen to the task bar. I have to go through clicking the taskbar button (the one just minimised there), watch the game screen reload, then watch it switch back to windows and minimise again. It takes upto several loops of this clicking and loading before the game screen finally stays on show.

I have absolutely no idea what caused the problem. It doesn't matter what the age of the game is. modern titles such as juiced, nfmw, nfsu2, sim city 4, football manager 2006 all do the same thing as old titles such as the command & conquer titles.

Help be appreciated as always.

bennyhillslovechild 07:58 12 Feb 2007

It's normally caused by software running in the background. try exiting any non essential software running (right clicking taskbar items etc) and playing the game then. If it works, you can restart them and test one at a time, to see which is the culprit.

zigzagtoes 08:01 12 Feb 2007

I'll give that a go now..

zigzagtoes 08:09 12 Feb 2007

That seems to have worked too, only I deactived one by one, then tried a couple of games, instead of deactivating all then enabling.

statbar was the culprit.

Your on a roll today aint ya. Reward yourself with a pat on the back lol. Cheers ,oD

bennyhillslovechild 08:15 12 Feb 2007

Programs like statbar can be a bugger for that. Glad I could help. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone