Game patch problem

sil_ver 13:31 07 Jul 2003

Short history.... Sister-in-law bought new PC package, gave me unwanted games. Loaded and ran MOHAA on my PC ok but when I tried to install a patch got message 'Can't find US/UK version MOHAA on PC'. My only thought is that because this was an OEM version of the game it is looking for an embedded code. Any suggestions anyone?

snoresloudly 13:41 07 Jul 2003

no, the message says what it means, there are different language versions out of this game. It would appear that the version you have got is not uk/us version, look on the disc or help file also when you installed the game it would tell you which version you have got, if you go to site you can then d/load and install the correct patch for the version that you have got.

St.Anger 14:01 07 Jul 2003

Yep i had exactly the same problem a while ago.

From what i remember i found (somewhere) that all it needed was a tweak in the registry somewhere, and once i did that it worked first time.

I'll have a look and see if i can find it again.

sil_ver 14:02 07 Jul 2003

It's version 1.0. on the CD. If it was a non US/UK wouldn't it display in the language. Looking at the exe it says it's English US.

bigdamouk 16:14 07 Jul 2003

Are you sure its version 1.0?

I had this exact same problem and it turned out the version I had was already 1.11 (shop bought!)

Cheers
Damo
click here

sil_ver 16:22 07 Jul 2003

Sez ver.1.0 on the CD

The Ghost of Inept Pig 01:19 12 Jul 2003

I know of a few cases in which the game sold has been the German version, apparently it doesn't effect the in-game displays (Don't ask me why - I've just seen this happen a couple of times)

It could be worth a shot?

or..you could have a look at the reg editing going on click here

Best of luck

sil_ver 22:25 12 Jul 2003

For not closing the thread. Thanks to some help from St_Anger I was able to resolve the problem (Don't ask);-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?