GAME CONTROLLERS

Garrit 14:19 01 Dec 2007

Hi,

just a quickie to see if anyone has any solutions to a problem....

I enjoy playing 'first person shoot-em-ups' and have had an '8 axis contoller' similar to a playstation joypad for some time. I can never seem to get any game to recognise the controller, thus rendering it useless. Does anyone know of a way around this problem or be able to recommend a similar type controller which will be compatible with most games?

Thanx

Garrit.

Technotiger 14:24 01 Dec 2007

Have you looked on-line for a driver for your controller?

Garrit 14:37 01 Dec 2007

Hi,

Thanx but not yet. Will give it try. Would have thought that a driver disk would have been provided with the product when i bought it though?

cheerz

Garrit

Totally-braindead 14:40 01 Dec 2007

You might have to set it up manually. If you click Game Controllers under control panel you can create your own controller here, of course this depends on what sort of controller it is and whether windows recognises it.
Since you say it didn't come with a driver disk can I ask if it came with a manual?
If so there might be instructions for manually setting up the controller hence no need for a driver disk.
Just a thought.

Garrit 14:56 03 Dec 2007

Hi,

Thanks for that. NO manual, no disk. No instructions . It is recignised and calibrates in Contol panel, but after that it does not seem to get recognised by any game.

confused????

Garrit

Technotiger 15:06 03 Dec 2007

I assume you are clicking on the relevant Control Options and Applying them within the game(s)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?