Gainward Ultra/750-8X Open GL problems

Dan_Hattesley 23:27 24 Feb 2003

Hi,

I have just purchased the Gainward GeForce 4 Powerpack Ultra/750-8X TV. After installing the drivers for the card from the CD provided using the auto run, after reboot the PC hangs, there is no response from the keyboard, ctrl+alt+del doesn’t even work, have to do a manual power off. If I start the PC in safe mode and select VGA compatibility driver the machine starts up fine, I tried selecting the driver manually from the CD, on reboot the machine hangs again. I have 2 profiles on the PC, my account, which is set up as an administrator account, it has the SB AUDIGY intro screen on entering Windows, which is some sort of OPEN GL 3D animation with rippling water a reflections, I noticed that the machine appears to hang just as it gets to this point. I have another user account which does not have this intro screen and it boots into Windows without locking up the PC. I tried loading up a game (JEDI) and as soon as it started up the machine froze, soon after I got a blue screen stating a hardware fault had occurred. I have re-installed the VIA 4 in 1 drivers and checked I am using the latest Bois flash for my motherboard, which I am. I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers for the card and tried these but the same happens. I have an OEM GeForce 2 card that runs fine with everything I have stated above.

Please can you help me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?