GA-SI915P Motherboard - Problems with HDD

biteblue 01:20 16 Jul 2006

Hi,

I have built a new PC with a Gigabyte mobo and have installed 80GB ATA hard drive and one CD-RW/DVD Drive. I have seen a post in this forum about a similar mobo with similar problems but that doesn't help me. I have fiddled with all the settings in the CMOS that i can possibly think of and i have tried the HDD and the CD-Drive in different IDE sockets. The built in RAID controller recognises any drive in IDE2/3 and the CMOS recognises any in IDE1 but neither will recognise both.

However, when i have the CMOS only seeing the HDD (when connected to IDE1) the CD-ROM (XP) boots and then it goes to a blue screen of death saying the Windows has shutdown to protect the system and that i should check for corruption and check configuration of the hard drive.

I have checked the HDD in another PC and it works so i assume it is either the configuration in the CMOS or the RAID controller.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could shed some light on my problems.

Thanks

(PS. Sorry the post is so long but i just want to make sure i have given all the information)

ed-0 09:41 16 Jul 2006

Have you read this ? click here

The cdrom should be connected to the southbridge controller IDE 1 and the hard drive attached to IDE 2 or 3.

If you want to set up just the one drive with the raid controller then you need to copy the files and alter the bios, as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?