G5 mouse problem

morgueman 19:32 20 Sep 2008

Hello all, my G5 mouse is playing up! Its plugged in via a USB, sometimes it just stops working then starts again or the sensitivty on it will just change so that i have to unplug it and start in again. I've tried it on all the USB ports on my pc, front and back and also on my G15 keyboard, which has another two ports. Its only a couple or so months old, so wondering if its the mouse itself or something on the pc!
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

RobCharles1981 17:07 21 Sep 2008

Hi What version of setpoint are you using ???

morgueman 18:24 22 Sep 2008

Hello, sorry for being slow in replying! My setpoint is up to date, i just installed a recent update and it has improved things abit but the mouses sensitivity is still going funny!

RobCharles1981 19:28 22 Sep 2008

What Operating System are you using ???

morgueman 21:01 22 Sep 2008

Ha, sorry, not doing to well! Got Windows xp, amd phenom, 2gb memory.

RobCharles1981 21:06 22 Sep 2008

Do you have the G5 2007 the one with the extra button ???

morgueman 23:04 22 Sep 2008

I think it is! Its got 7 in all, left/right click, scroll whell two on the left side two small ones for the sensitivity.

RobCharles1981 23:11 22 Sep 2008

Id suggest on doing a clean install of setpoint go here.

click here

Uninstall from Control pannel use ccleaner

click here

To clean the "registry"

once done unplug the mouse restart computer, replug in the mouse and install the version of setpoint you've just downloaded.

kalignorgna 09:20 23 Sep 2008

you can change the sensitivity by using the + or - buttons on the mouse or if you go into the mouse software (button edit) and click advanced calibrate the sensitivity then apply when happy and see it it still chages randomly. if it don't work you can still use the steps to change back to what it was without disconnecting then reconnecting the mouse other then that reinstall the software, if you have an advanced firewall it might be best to trun it of as it can prevent software from installing properly (for example comodo blocks itunes) also some times AV also prevents software from installing (Kaspersky)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?