Further TrueImage 6.0 Problems

TommyRed 17:43 19 Jul 2003

Installed TrueImage 6.0 today and updated it to latest build, when I run it I only get as far as ?selecting partition to Image? and then get the following message ?Please wait while windows configures MS Office 2000 Premium? and then a further message ?The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the MS Office 2000 Premium disk and click ok? As I am not the first owner of this PC all the Office stuff was pre-loaded and I don?t have the disk. According to the instructions it shouldn?t be asking me this anyway. Have posted to Acronis support but it may take them 48 hours to respond. Any thoughts?
TR

hugh-265156 17:54 19 Jul 2003

as true image runs in windows,i can only assume that ms office is running in the background.

click mstart then click run and type msconfig into the box.click on the start up tab top right and untick any programs running here at windows start up.

also make sure your antivirus is shut down before running true image.

do a chkdsk and defrag also.

hugh-265156 17:55 19 Jul 2003

mstart = start

hugh-265156 17:56 19 Jul 2003

might be best to back up everything then format and take an image of a freshly installed OS.

TommyRed 15:30 20 Jul 2003

Eventually I clicked cancel on the MS Office 2000 boxes and they went away allowing me to image.
Cheers
TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?