Further Back-up help required

23790954 18:06 23 Apr 2007

I have both Acronis True Image 9, and Genie Home Back-up software installed on my computer. Having posted several messages recently re back-up, the one thing I cannot fathom out is this:-
Is there any way possible, when I transfer data from a PC to DVD, as back-up material, that I can actually put the DVD into the computer DVD player, and view the complete contents of the DVD without restoring it onto the system. I have spent all day today attempting to do this, but I have not found this possible, without actually restoring it on the system at the time.
I would like to place the DVD disc into the DVD player and actually read the complete contents of the disc.
Thanks again for any help given.

Pineman100 18:13 23 Apr 2007

Do you mean you want to read the folder and file names, or every word of every file?

The former are easily checkable in My Computer. Click Start>My Computer, and you'll find your DVD drive listed under Devices with Removable Storage. Double-click on the drive icon and all the files/folders will be listed.

To open any of the files, double-click on it and its associated software will open. The file will then open.

I hope that's what you meant.

pj123 14:53 24 Apr 2007

I don't think you can.

That's why I don't do a "backup" of my personal files and folders. I use Nero and just drag and drop to DVD/CD as required.

That way I can read from the DVD/CD and also just copy them back to my HDD if I need to.

My main System disk C: is also not "backed up" but is "cloned" to another (same size) hard disk, using xxclone from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?