Funny memory problem.

prince midas 11:15 15 Jan 2007

I appear to be getting my share of problems after installing a new hard drive & then reinstalling windows & my old programs,but I fear this is what can happen.

My latest is that I find that on my second hard drive,when starting up windows it cannot see the 2nd drive.
A message comes up on the screen of Hard drive 1 ,and the slave empty.Explorer also cannot see my 2nd hard drive.It also stops on booting up on the 2nd hard drive which as nothing on but a few Ghost images,and asks for me to boot from CD and just waits.
When I remove my 2nd hard drive which is in a caddie,then windows load & still says slave empty which it is.
When I go into the machine & look at my memory it as a Geil 1 Gig memory stick in the main slot with the other slot empty.
When I replace the 1 gig memory with 2 -512mb Geil memory ticks using both slots the problem goes away but Why does this occur.

recap 14:06 15 Jan 2007

For the memory questions, it could be that the 1GB memory stick is faulty. Try the 1GB and 1 512mb stick to see if this makes a difference. Putting the higher stick in slot 1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?