Funny going ons with my mouse,

Sparkly 14:08 15 Feb 2008

Hi all in the last couple of days i have had some funny things start to happen with my mouse? Everthing is working as it should but when i leave the comp and return the mouse has gone to sleep and will not become active again untill i press one of the buttons, but noticed that the properties box was on the screen as if i had right clicked the desktop,earlier today when i returned to the comp it had opened the display properties box. So to try and find out what was going on i sat in front of the pc and watched and the mouse duly started to move across then down/open up the box as if you had right clicked the desktop and saw it hover over the arrange icons by then move down the list to properties turning the properties tab to blue. Allso if left alone for about 5mins the curser as if left clicked pulls an outline of a box as though you were going to select something.WHATS going on do i have a pc ghost with me? or is it something more sinister?....I have ran spybot (latest ver and updated) ran Adaware 2007 updated and ran Norton Anti virus all ok.XP Home SP2, with a Trust wireless mouse with new batteries. (Somebody please tell me i dont need the servises of a priest).

Technotiger 14:15 15 Feb 2008

Someone nearby may be using a similar mouse, or perhaps something like a radio controlled model - your mouse may well have a small switch that will change the radio channel, if it has then give that a try.

Sparkly 14:26 15 Feb 2008

Thanks Technotiger i will see if that helps...just came back to the pc after posting and found Norton Go Back ready to run!!!!!!

Sparkly 17:28 15 Feb 2008

Tried what you suggested Technotiger but it still doing its own thing...looks like it maybe a job for the priest after all,
Thanks again.

sunny staines 17:32 15 Feb 2008

try another mouse to see if it still occurs, this would help eliminate the mouse

Sparkly 08:48 16 Feb 2008

Hi again sorry sunny staines that i did not respond yesterday the pc decided to throw a right wobbly would not let me do anything the mouse carryed on with its capers the scrensaver would kickin and lock the pc up,I tried running a scan with NIS 2007 and the scan was stopped and when it was stopped an icon appeared in the taskbar qick launch area that belonged to Spybot SD i tried to find out what it was about and i think it was to do with TeaTimer at the moment if i click on any of the shortcuts in the start/progrrammes some startup come onto the screen and freeze,open task monitor and click end process task monitor hangs a box saying do you want to end? yes that hangs and the send info to M$ also hangs hopefully this will post then i will try a reboot.

Sparkly 10:17 16 Feb 2008

Well took a step back for a miniute and uninstalled Spybot and restored pc to last known good config and so far all seems well if it stays that way i will reinstall spybot but this time without TeaTimer ticked in the setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?