Full System Backup Software.

dogtrack 18:50 23 Aug 2010

Looking to buy. For use on a four HDD system, with W7 64.

Recommendations from satisfied users of such, would be welcomed. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:53 23 Aug 2010

Acronis click here is the best by far.

15 mins to restore a crashed system back to previous working state.

dogtrack 20:47 23 Aug 2010

Yes, have heard of it. Just trying to get a general picture from users of that kind of software. Before buying. Thanks for your imput Fruitbat.

john bunyan 20:50 23 Aug 2010

I agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\. Dont bother with any other!Some use the built in W7 back up, I found it too slow.

woodchip 20:52 23 Aug 2010

Nothing can beet Acronis True Image. Just creating a Image of Partition or Drive. And can be restored in no time. Problem is, that its that easy to Restore the PC to a working State using it, that Troubleshooting most problems do not exist no more, so you do not learn to sort things, its the way things go

Muergo 21:28 23 Aug 2010

I have installed the very latest Acronis 2010, about 19 quid from Amazon and it is so much better than the previous, I still can't get over everything it can do.

Just have to free up space by inactivating System Restore, don't need it now, but you must make discs as they say at the very beginning.

I know I don't neccessarily need them as I have CD discs covering the whole system, but I like it all in one place, backed up on two external hard drives.

compumac 22:42 23 Aug 2010

Agreed - Acronis 2010

Nontek 22:51 23 Aug 2010

Definitely Acronis 2010 ..

Belatucadrus 22:59 23 Aug 2010
  Bapou 23:21 23 Aug 2010

Most definitely Acronis 2010. Recently I was caught out by a power surge, or something on those lines. Computer shut down, restarted, and continued to do so, could not even get into safe mode.

Booting from Acronis disc proved to be the answer and soon was able to get back on course by restoring the most recent backup from an external drive.

Snrub 23:26 23 Aug 2010

Seagate website do a free version of Acronis, might be older version but hey does the trick and its free!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?