Full DVD appears blank

simoncini 16:27 15 Sep 2007

I was recently sent a DVD-R with video and photos of our grandchildren. I copied one of the videos to another disc in Nero Vision Express and left copying the rest for the next day. I did try to copy the whole disc, putting the photos as a slide show, but the burning kept failing. On returning to it, the DVD will not immediately launch in the drive - it appears to "hunt". When it does launch, it shows up as blank. Checking in Nero, it confirms that there are files on the disc. I have tried the disc on another machine, with the same result. I obviously could not have deleted the disc and have given it a good cleaning, although not needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Weskit 16:35 15 Sep 2007

Probably the disc needed to be "finalised" on the original recorder to play on another machine or PC.

simoncini 16:38 15 Sep 2007

The point is that the disc did play originally and, even if not finalised, the files would have shown up.

Weskit 16:43 15 Sep 2007

Sorry, can't make any other suggestion. I have recently had a similar problem and in my case the disc was shown on my PC as empty, no files or anything, on finalising it played ok.

Weskit 18:20 15 Sep 2007

One further thought, I'm running XP, on inserting the disc and getting the usual choice of programs to run it, I had to try several, in the end PowerDVD worked. Have you tried alternative programs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?