FujitsuSiemens Laptop, Centrino Dual Core, Odyssey

malydee 23:11 05 Mar 2007

I am having difficulty establishing an authenticated wireless connection to my Home network using the installed Odyssey software.
I have a full signal and encrypted connection but the status is "open" and the Odyssey icon is black.
I think I have a problem with the authentication process and have tried all the EAP options but I stil get the Windows message
"This connection has limited or no connection. You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources"
I have spent 4 days trying to resole this problem.
Is there an answer ?(the Odyssey manual gives few clues) or is there any alternative connection software for aconnecting a laptop to a home network? I have little interest in connecting to a hot spot.

Ashrich 08:46 06 Mar 2007

Let Windows manage the connection for you , just go to ...Start/Settings/Control Panel/Network Connections , right click on the " Wireless Network Connection , select properties , then the Wireless Networks tab , and tick the box that says " Use Windows to configure etc. " and Ok your way back to the desktop . Double click on the single monitor icon on the task bar , select " view wireless networks " find yours , double click on it , enter your password ( once , then a second time to confirm ) and you're in !! .

Ashley

malydee 14:57 06 Mar 2007

Thanks for your response. Have disabled Odyssey and tried to log on using Windows 6 times. There have been a variety of sometimes conflicting between the connection icon at the top, the message in the middle messages and the connected/disconnected box at the bottom on the wireless network screen. These vary from connected to disconnected but even when I am advised that I have connected to BT Voyager, I cannot get on the internet.
Cheers

Ashrich 17:39 06 Mar 2007

Try un-installing the Odyssey software , I have never used it on my Fujitsu Siemens laptop , the drivers for the wireless card should still be installed , then try again .

Ashley

malydee 17:37 09 Mar 2007

The Odyssey software came pre-installed and as I have no installation disk, I am relectant to remove it. I have some further instructions from Fujitsu and will try them.
Cheers

Ashrich 21:47 09 Mar 2007

Did you not get a driver disk with your laptop ? Do you really need EAP for a home network , for a Corporate yes , but home ? If you wish to have a copy , as you already have it installed and licensed , lets call it a back up copy , of Odyssey , PM me and I can e-mail it to you ( 3.2mb ) you could then uninstall it and use the driver for your wireless card with Windows configuration and re-install if you wish .

Ashley

malydee 22:55 09 Mar 2007

Ashley
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately having checked the various disks I got with the laptop, none of them support Odyssey - strange but true.
I would be very grateful if you would send the backup, then I might be able to uninstall what appears to be a not very user friendly system.
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?