FUJITSU SIEMENS PC - CONSTANTLY REBOOTING!

AlexBG 16:08 30 Sep 2009

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

My mother-in-law has a problem with her 5yr old Fujitsu Siemens SCALEO 600 system (Windows XP) - this is constanly rebooting itself, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you power on the PC, this takes you directly to the screen where you can select the option to start in Safe/Normal/Networking Mode. Whatever option you select, the PC reboots itself again, and you are taken back to the same screen. I have tried selecting all possible startup modes, however each one causes the PC to reboot again.

I have tried loading up the Recovery CD that came with the system, however this gets so far and then displays the following message on a Blue Screen

STOP C0000221 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR
\SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\NTDLL.DLL

At this point the system does not respond to anything - you power this off/on again, and you are returned to the startup selection screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Alex

chub_tor 16:35 30 Sep 2009

click here is the Microsoft explanation and how to correct it. If you can't boot into Safe Mode so that you can run sfc /scannow then take a look at this site click here to Repair Windows XP by Installing Over top of Existing Setup: which will give you a way to do a repair of XP by installing over the existing one without losing your data.

chub_tor 16:36 30 Sep 2009

Sorry How to Run a Repair Install is about 2/3 down the list.

chub_tor 16:37 30 Sep 2009

Another guide click here

chub_tor 19:21 30 Sep 2009

Just remembered that I had this piece of information stored away...

System Restore from Safe Boot

It is sometimes possible to run System Restore if you can't run it from within windows.

On boot up choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

When it boots to the Command Prompt type the following command

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

this will open the usual System Restore window and you can search back for a Restore Point shown in bold.

Could also be worth a try.

AlexBG 20:22 30 Sep 2009

Hello Chub_Tor

Thank you very much for all your help today - appreciate the suggestions, and the quick response!

I am in the process of working through your suggestions, unfortuntely I'm not at the PC in question just now, but hope to carry on looking into this problem sometime over the next couple of days - will let you know how things go!

Cheers for now

Alex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?