Fujitsu siemens Laptop problem

timerep 16:36 22 Mar 2010

Hi guys me again can anyone tell me if I am on the right lines with fault dianosis, intenal graphics blank,( inverter and screen ok tested on another board) external graphics on but distorted cannot match them to screen size. Is this the graphics chip on its last legs or is it something else interfearing with the graphic output. raely need some help here!

DieSse 17:05 22 Mar 2010

Try starting in Safe mode - this doesn't use the proper graphics driver - just a simple "fits all" VGA driver.

See what happens.

You could just try re-loading the latest driver from the Fuji-Ooji site.

What do you mean by distorted - and what happens when you try to change the display settings?

timerep 18:02 22 Mar 2010

hi, the display is distorted in as much as its too big and it cannot be reduced to fit the screen makes no difference what you run it in safe regular windows start or without the hard drive and just going to the bios effect is the same no output to lcd just the distorted one to an external monitor.
is it the graphics chip on the motherboard or is something interfearing with it. Pretty sure its yet another duff board the 4th one so far any ideas?

DieSse 19:39 22 Mar 2010

I think you've got a hardware issue with the graphics. Sounds terminal to me.

The last Fuji faulty laptop I saw, a few months ago, had a blown graphics chip. When I took it apart the fan on the graphics was not plugged in - assumed it must have been like that from new, 3 years old!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?